Debt Recovery Law
If you are owed money or if you owe money, JNT Legal has solicitors with experience in debt recovery issues. If you are owed money then we first attempt to resolve the outstanding debt by negotiation however, if that fails and the debtor still has not paid then we then expeditiously pursue the outstanding debt through the courts. Once Judgment has been obtained, there is a variety of enforcement mechanisms which can be used depending on the circumstances to collect the debt including:
- Writ to Levy Property – authorises NSW Sheriff to attend, seize property owned by the debtor which can then be sold;
- Writ for Possession – authorises NSW Sheriff to attend at the premises, evict the occupier and then sell the property;
- Garnishee Orders – compels the payment of wages or monies being held by a third party to you rather than to the debtor;
- Examination Summons – compels the debtor to attend at Court and disclose the full extent of their assets;
- Bankruptcy – where a Trustee in bankruptcy is appointed to make the person bankrupt.
If you want assistance with your debt recovery matter, then please call us to discuss.