Deceased Estate Administration
At JNT Legal we very much understand that dealing alone with the loss of a loved one can be difficult but when you also have to administer the deceased’s estate in a timely manner as well, then the process can become overwhelming. We offer specialist advice and can undertake all of the legal requirements involved with administering a deceased estate including without limitation:
- Determining whether a Grant of Probate and or Letters of Administration are required;
- Applying for a Grant of Probate and or Letters of Administration;
- Identification of the assets and liabilities of the Estate;
- Obtaining valuations of the assets;
- Corresponding with the deceased’s financial institutions and realising the assets of the Estate;
- Sale and transfer of shares;
- Corresponding and negotiating with superannuation trustees;
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and other testamentary expenses;
- Arranging for the completion of estate tax returns;
- Negotiating Deeds of Family Arrangements wherein there is an agreed departure from what is stated in the Will; and
- Defending family provision proceedings in the Supreme Court Contact.
Please call our office to discuss how we can be of assistance.